Translate

Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Recipes

While checking out one of my favorite quilter blogs (Thanks Judy!), I saw this recipe and thought, boy that looks really good. So printed it out and made it for a brunch I was invited too. Yummo! I thought I'd share the recipe here.

Pumpkin Scones

2 cups all purpose flour
8 T. sugar
1 scant T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
6 T. butter
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
4 T. milk or Half & Half
1 large egg, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix butter, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.

Add pumpkin, milk and egg. Mix just til mixture is completely blended. Do not mix any longer than necessary.

Pat out dough onto a floured surface into a circle. Cut into 8 wedges.

If desired, sprinkle a little sugar on each wedge. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes.

Cool on wire rack. Stick the parchment paper under the wire rack and that will catch any drippings when adding the glaze and icing.

I skipped this next part, I felt it didn't need the extra calories or sugar

Glaze:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 T. milk or Half & Half

Mix, adding more milk or powdered sugar as needed to get consistency desired. Brush or spread thinly onto cooled scones.

Once the glaze hardens, Add the spiced icing.

BUT I did do this next part :~)

Spiced Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 T. milk or Half & Half
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. gound nutmeg

Drizzle over scones and

ENJOY!

Jane


PS: Also we're trying another new recipe called cabbage casserole. I'll share the recipe if it passes our taste test. It did, so I came back to add the link. We made it with ground beef, but I think some ground up sausage with it would have been even better. The only thing I did different is use 2 cloves of garlic instead of just the one. I think it also would be a good low carb choice with, if anything perhaps use a little crushed nuts instead.

No comments: