Translate

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stash Report - Week 1

Judy Laquidera of Patchwork Times has several challenges that she shares and that I have been thinking of participating with. This one of reporting your stash, both the ups and the downs is one I think I could do and stick with for the year. The other is a 100 yard dash of the stash implying that you'll use 100 yards of fabric for the year. Perhaps I'll unofficially do that one as well.


So for this past week, I did purchase some yardage at one of my favorite quilt shops, Fibre Junction. Beautiful isn't it?



Two friends own it and they were having a sale on a fabric line called Kashmir IV at 50% off! Now, How could I let that go by? Well, I couldn't. I only have a bit of sewing done on this UFO that I started as a disappearring nine patch last year with the charm squares I received in that fabric line, so I purchased enough fabrics for borders and perhaps some pillowcases or pillows. Time will tell when I focus on finishing that UFO. So my first stash summary is a gain.


Used this week: 0
Used Year To date: 0

Added This week: 10 yards
Added Year To Date: 10

Net Gain (Loss): 10 yards


I best get my rear in gear if I'm going to get this number in parenthesis showing that my stash is getting used!

I still am finishing the long lines table runner, perhaps I'll be able to post a photo soon of it finally completed. The quilting is done, the next steps are to put the ric rac on one side of it and then bind it. Thinking reflectively here, I should have done 2 one sided tablerunners, and it would have used up more stash. DUH!

Stay Warm,
Jane

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, you have some great plans for 2010! Have fun with your stashbusting! :) Kindest regards, Dianne B. in England

Vicky said...

Who can pass up a sale? I'd say you did good! You'll have that busted before you know it! Good idea about a double sided tablerunner!

Tamera said...

Can't wait to see what comes of your new stash!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I remember looking at that line, it's beautiful! Good luck!

Bonnie said...

Hi Jane:
You are braver than I admitting your stash usage every week. Once a month works for me! I've been avoiding my end of the year report so I haven't blogged since December. Maybe I'll get to it tonight. I should. And, then goals too??? You are too good! Happy Quilting. Institcheswithbonnie.blogspot.com