Translate

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fringe Quilting?!

Bet you have never heard of that before have you? Well that is what is happening while I'm trying to echo quilt the silhouettes in my current quilt, Montana Log Cabin.




See what I mean. I've used minkee for the backing of quite a few quilts and this has never happened before. Talking with some quilters last night about it and am wondering if it's my needle. Perhaps it's too large and a smaller needle will do. I think I even inserted a new quilting needle when I started this a couple of weeks ago since it's my first attempt at echo quilting. Will be workin gon this until I get it finished. Good thing this quilt is for me, so I won't sweat about it, just keep going all the while, trying to get this fringing to stop.

Enjoy your day, I'm off to several appointments.
Jane

No comments: