Translate

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dutch Spiral Rope

Last year a group of my friends and I decided to make a beaded necklace as a group endeavor. Being very new to beading I went along even though it would be stretching any talents I had tremendously. Devon and Pauline, the bead shop owners, helped me with each stage of making the necklace- thanks so much guys! Once they tutored me, I could proceed until my next step. So now, 1 1/2 years later I finally finshed my necklace last night at the new bead shop A Mano with help from Devon. Check it out.


The pattern called for 11 and 15 beads, but with the colorway I wanted, only size 11 beads were available so I used those exclusively. It even traveled down to the keys with me last year, so I could strand more beads on while vegging out. It really wasn't hard to do, just time consuming. Since being on so many muscle relaxants and pain relievers during this time, the rope is a bit relaxed and doesn't keep a round demeanor and it's very fluid just like it's maker. But it'll be fine for my first one. There is a pendant I want to make for it too and when we get together later this month, I'll learn the brick stitch from Devon.

Enjoy your day,
Jane

No comments: