My stash report for this week is:
Used this week: 6.0 yards
Used Year To date: 27.75 yds
Added This week: 2.0 yards
Added Year To Date: 59.5 yards
YTD is a gain of 31.75 yards
With cleaning out all my fabric in the cupboards, you'd think I 'd realize that no more fabric needs to come in, BUT I went to the "A Quilter's Garden Quilt Show" in Malone this weekend and one of the vendors there had a beautiful batik that would be perfect for a bird of paradies wall hanging I want to do. SO of course I bought 2 yards while I saw it. Did use up a little over 2 yards on pillowcases for the Pillowcase Project and gave them to community service for Camp Takumteh (a summer camp for children with terminal onditions and cancers).
Was able to rid myself of 4 yards of fabric that I threw out. The fabric was really inferior, so I counted that as well since it's now out of my stash!
Check out Judy Laquidera's blog to see how all the other participants are doing. Many are into using yardage in the three digits already.
As for my progress on reorganization, here are a couple of photos to show where I'm at:
And what I'll be focusing on next:
I got off the phone with Mom this afternoon and she'll be staying with me next week for 4-5 days, so I best get this done so the piles around the house are contained and lassoed back in control! YIKES! I'll have to work much faster. Then to get the house cleaned.
Today I spent the day with friends of the read and bead group I belong to. What a great group of friends and talented ladies. We decided last month to all bead a similiar project. I chose the padparashka Crystals as the main color bead in the bangle bracelet with a gun metal #15 bead for the accent and a close color but not matching the red orange for the netting bead. Would you believe this represents 3 hours worth of work!
Of course that includes the ripping out and redoing too. LOL