Translate

Friday, October 15, 2010

A finish.

Happy Dancing here, a finish of a Lazy Girl Pattern - Miranda Bag. Awhile back I showed you the quilting I was doing on this bag last month, but was waiting for an order to be received from Sew Thankful with the lazy girl tabs for purse handles and the pexiglass insert for the bottom so I could finish it.

I Absolutely Love It! The Bag with a magnetic closure that happened to match that chartreuse color perfectly:



The Interior with all of it's 9 pockets, several for reading and sun glasses:



The magnetic closure decorated with a dragonfly pin that I picked a couple of years ago while visiting my Mom in Florida at a flea market commonly known as the Market of Marion. They had so many great deals and very cheap prices. I think I paid $20 or $25.00 for an assortment of (maybe a total of 8-10) rhinestone pins. This dragonfly was one and I loved the details in it besides the looking ball on the top of the dragonfly. Reminds me of my Grandmother's flower garden.



You can click on any of the pictures to get a closer look. Besides the magnetic closure I did change the batting to timetex in the pockets area only. That way the bag won't fold down and will maintain it's shape and "stand up". The handles were actually a find at Joann's and they were perfect that I scarfed the pair as soon as I saw them.

Enjoy your evening. A nor'easter is going through our area and we're getting loads of rain. Hope it doesn't cause flooding.

Jane

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Very nice! Love the dragonfly.