Translate

Friday, April 1, 2011

UFO Challenge for April ~ #4~ Tater's Strip quilt



It's seems like the months are zipping by at an even faster speed. The UFO Challenge for March my UFO#1- Patience Corners, I am happy to report that the whole top is assembled. So I did meet that deadline, however I truly was hoping to get the backing made too. Just ran out of time and days.


I threw a 12" ruler on top so you could get a feel for how large this quilt will be. 106"x106". And to think this started by utilizing some scraps then I went stash diving to add more. This is the quilt that I think of water when I see it. Stacked organism rouleaux style, shimmering reflective colors dancing on the surface....





With this being the first of April another number was drawn.
#4- That is the tater strip quilt top.

NICE- That is all kitted up and not a thing done on it. It Should be fun to jump into a new project. Sometimes I feel like I have that startitis bug and if I linger too long on unfinished projects I loose my mojo, so with this fresh start perhaps it'll spur me on to get that #1 UFO back done at the same time. That's my plan.

I'll come back and add the photo after I take it so you can see what it looks like. It's a big one! 106X106"

Jane
I edited this post on April 3rd to add the photos. It's been hectic with plumbing problems, service technicians and then a dear friend has passed after a long ordeal with cancer. May she be at peace.

7 comments:

Judy D in AZ said...

I do like your new top-very shimmery. I can't seem to find how it was put together-maybe some partial seams. I'll keep looking.

Mary said...

I love the colors in this quilt. I want to make one! I don't really like scrappy quilts, but this one is an exception.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you will have many fond memories. The quilt is gorgeous: almost stained glass-like

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is really pretty - it shimmers like glass! Beautiful.

JudyCinNC said...

What a beautiful, shimmery, colorful March finish. I love it. Judy C
www.shadetreequilting.com

Heather said...

Great quilt top. Yes, I can see the shimmers of the water.

Jennifer said...

i love the colors! i'm with judy, though- how is it put together?