Translate

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Namaste.

I am in a contemplative mood and feel so very serene today. Yesterday, a very good friend and I went to an all day yoda, meditative retreat in Hemingford, CA and it was so right in so many levels. It's always great spending time with Trudy and yesterday was no exception. With visiting while traveling there and back, yet when we were at the retreat we buddied up with other people for some of the exercises. So it was nice to connect with other like-minded souls traveling on their own paths.

All that I learned about myself is private, but I had several enlightening moments through-out the day. So with practice and patience, I hope to become more, much more. With less and yet in the same breath perhaps even better. To stop some of my mind chatter and get to the "pause" even quicker.

The instructor Elizabeth had recently returned from a Jon Kabat-Zinn seminar and shared her thoughts and processes of being more mindful. Some of the physical effects that happen to our bodies when we perceive "STRESS" and the destructiveness of this angst in a self survival role. Perception is the beginning, and with sharing of perceptions more insights and possibilities are evident, especially when shared.

So with that shared, I am off to find my balance between being and doing.

Namaste,
Jane


MEDITATION- Its' not what you think.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like a very meaningful retreat, Jane! I could do with less "mind clutter" myself :)