Translate

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Labels Limit Us

In my email this am, another synchronistic thought for me to culminate:

Labels limit us
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
-- Lao Tzu
How do you define yourself, to yourself and others? Are you first and foremost a husband/wife? A mother/father? A bus driver, dentist, musician ... ? A Christian, Muslim, Jew ...? A nag, joker, dreamer ...?
Be aware that any label puts limits on you. Today, experience how it feels to let go of the labels to rest in ‘I am.’ Feel the freedom, the spaciousness, the infinite potential of simply being.
"With every breath, the possibility of a new aspect of self arises."
-- Wayne Muller
"As long as I am this or that, I am not all things."
--Meister Eckhart
 
 
This newsletter comes from The Inner Journey.  It's a posting that arrives and always seems to have a  profound message that synchronizes with occurances and happenings in my life.   Recently I found myself turning into a shrew with my DH and while seeing myself doing it, I couldn't stop.  Knowing that it was not flattering to me but also knowing that it was the catalyst needed to get some neglected things done around  here.  Well, I did get the help I required and then thought why did I martyrize myslef and ask for help sooner.  He accomplished all the items I ranted and raved about in a 45 minute time slot and here they've needed attention for over a year.  The phone in my sewing room didn't work, the C/D radio in my sewing room didn't work, I needed the tables out of the garage to layer a current WIP.......  Lesson to self, ask for help in the correct manner. 
 
 
Oh no, another thought just came to me,
what if that nagging shrew is suppsoe to be the real me?  
EEEKS!  That's not what I want to be or who I identify myself with. 
 
well if you are interested in receiving posts like this, you can find it here at Higher Awareness.
Such is life, I'll be better now...anyways,  at least for a while. 
 
Jane

No comments: