Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Light your candles

 
I WILL LIGHT CANDLES…
Howard Thurman, The Mood of Christmas

 
I will light candles this Christmas
Candles of hope
Where despair keeps watch
Candles of courage
For fears ever present,
Candles of peace
To ease heavy burdens,
Candles of love
To inspire my living,
Candles that will burn all the year long.



This also was the Christmas page I printed and gave to my book club friends with a unique candle holder that spiraled upwards manually so as the candle burns down just the right amount is shown above the holder.  And of course a Yankee Candle was given too.   Thought it was a very appropriate message considering the recent days. 
We have our year end gathering at a nearby restaurant this evening.  Looking forward to it.


 

No comments: