Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Power of ?

All went well with DH's procedure yesterday.   I'd like to thank you for your prayers and concerns.  Modern medicine is such a good thing! 
While one the table, the surgeon asked him if he'd like to keep his old pacemaker/defibulator.  
Of course DH said "Yes, that saved my life!" 
So today, All day long that thing keeps going off with alarming beeps
and a little  oueeey, oueeey, oueeey siren. 
How Annoying! 
At first I thought I was hearing things until I finally figured out where it was coming from.  It would sound off for about 5-7 rings then turn off for about an hour. 
Now we both know the sound just in case his new one has a problem and makes an alarm. 
With that being said besides sounds, the printed word also holds a sense of power over me.

I found this email message in my email box  from The Inner Journey
and wonder
at it's subliminal message for me.
 
 
EXPLORE WITH QUESTIONS
"The word 'question' is derived from the Latin 'quarrier' (to seek) which is also the root of 'quest.' A creative life is a continued quest, and good questions can be very useful guides. Most useful are open-ended questions; they allow for fresh unanticipated answers to reveal themselves."
-- Source Unknown
 
So I am asking myself if all of these
purchases were warranted and even
feeling a bit guilty over the total expense.


My nearest Bernina shop offered a 30% off
coupon and a percentage off their notion
wall so it was nice to come home with these.......


Happily I shopped for a few items while DH was in PacU yesterday afternoon even though I did take advantage of the huge clearance sale that Connecting Threads recently had. 





I'll share what I purchased via the net when it arrives. 
But with all these purchases, the money I've spent, WOW!  Especially this time of year!
But the deals I got, WOW, WOW! 
Hard to say no, BUT the kitted PIGS I have in are now even more numerous than evah. 
Yet even with all that being said, there are more quilts I'd love to make 
besides take part of all of the offered mysteries and quilt alongs that the internet is hosting. 
It is so hard for me to say NO! 

Why is that I wonder?  Hence a power of Questions.

I always knew this internet would be a one number enabler!   lol

So I am questioning my purchases.  The Power of the price tag.
Yes, they all made sense and by paying for it now, I am saving huge amounts of money for when that part of the quilt process is needed. For an example, The patience Corners quilt aka Jeweled Pavers Quilt I made last year, the backing alone for that was  120 buckaroos!
Most of the fabrics that were ordered were for quilt backs. 
Ten yards of this, 15 yards of that, ten of another, 12 yards of then another.....you get the drift. 
I think it's almost 90 yards of fabric that I bought! 
Yet at $3.00 and $4.00 a yard, it was impossible to let those prices go by without jumping on it.
 
Now with that all being said,  not only the power of the price tag but the power of words are potent to me. 
SO much so, that I happily enlisted in the blog hop that
Linda from Buzzing and Bumbling Blog site is hosting in January:

"In Your Own Words" 

My next question though is which one of the multitude of projects I have tumbling around in my head am I going to do to share with you? 

Yee gads, the Power of Questions about the power of words!!!

So please stay tuned, I promise I'll tease share more with you soon.   
I'll sign off with some words I used in the Big Easy:


 
It was hard to see in the first photo with all of it being there so I deleted it and snapped 2 extra shots that hopefully you'll be able to see the words used much easier.  It's  what I quilted into the actual quilt for PGD#1.  I only have one side left to finish hand stitching and the label and this baby will be done!



It says:   Meme {heart}s You

I know, they are not the best pictures so I do apologise for my weak non-existing skills in that department!
There are other projects that I've done in the past where the power of a word was used, but tomorrow is another day and I'll share more as time goes on.

Have I sparked a curiousity about it within you yet? 
To answer any of your questions, Stay Tuned......   lol

Oh I do love to tease....

Jane

No comments: