Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easy Dishrag - Mom's Favorite

Mom was traveling in Texas with my brother, Tom and his wife Eileen and wanted the directions for her dishrag since she didn't bring it with her.  It's repetitious and easy to stitch without having to  refer to the directions while stitching.  It's her favorite pattern and she was able to make 10 while RVing through Texas. So after pulling out the directions, I thought of posting it here for any future travels, as a reference and I could also use up a skein of Sugar and Cream at the same time.

Use size 7-10 needles (I used 7 Clover Bamboo and loved the outcome).
Cotton Yarn - Sugar and Cream is my preferred  and can get 2 dish rags out of one skein of yarn exactly.
This pattern creates a diagonal garter stitch pattern with a lace holed edging.

Legend as follows:
K = Knit   so  K2= Knit two stitches,
K2tog = Knit two stitches together,
YO= Yarn Over

******************************************************************
Cast on 4 stitches
Row 1:      K one row.
Row 2:      K 2, YO, K to end of row.
Repeat Row 2 until there are 44 stitches.

The next rows are decreasing rows:   K1, K2 tog, YO, K2 tog, knit to the end of the row.
Continue decreasing rows until there are only 4 stitches left.
Cast off.

*******************************************************************



DH is celebrating his 62nd Birthday today but the family will be celebrating with him tomorrow. 
Happy Birthday Honey!  Love you!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DH! I have some dishrags like that which a friend made for me. I'm not a knitter, but I've been looking at some crochet possibilities. When we were traveling the country, I made a lot of hexagons! =)