Translate

Saturday, October 28, 2017

BQ will be my focus this weekend at quilt stay-cation

My BQ quilt is now officially a quilt top as I was able to finish sewing it up with those borders around the 1st of May.   Love that those borders are on and look so sweet.  while constructing the borders I asked PGD#1 what her favorite color is and she responded "blue", thus the blue cornerstones on the perimeter.  Since a friend and I are attending a Quilt retreat this weekend in Alexandria Bay, I hope to create the backing for it using up all those leftover bits.

The plan is to also make a pillow case or two, the binding and then sew up all those extra scrap parts for a backing this month.   I won a gift certificate at our quilt show in 2015 so my plan is to use that for quilting this twin size quilt. 

Wish me luck!

No comments: