Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Valentine's Wallhanging for January's OMG - a second one!

This simple panel wall hanging was sewn in 2016 and then... it sat.


Finally cleaning off my  sewing table and putting things away I ran across this older WIP  and since I now have room to work on it, it became my OMG (One Monthly Goal) to finish up for my January 2019!
Deciding to let the print motif create the quilting designs and then filling in backgrounds with simple meander stitching. 
First quilted perimeter
  • Second did a circle design on the vase as if it was a hobnail vase.
  • The flowers needed some detail quilting to show petals in a soft outline
  • Hearts were edge stitched and then a soft scallop sewn around them imitating a lace edging
  • The brown first border was edge stitched on both sides..
  • Then the red border.....,   I was stumped.... and then I saw a panto graph that eluded to a heart sew by two rotations around with echoing, so I did my rendition of it.  One side the hearts are upside down. : /

 I'll show the back side illustrating the quilting details:



I LOVE IT and love that it's quilted!  Next the label, binding and hanging sleeve.....



Split hanging sleeve to accommodate two different modalities of display.


Just in time!



Is it perfect, heck no,

but Done is better than perfect and it will hang in the kitchen for February.

TTFN

Jane


No comments: