Translate

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bread

While surfing blogs I ran into a recipe for homemade artisian bread. Found the original recipe and printed it out. Wow! Fantastic! We both love this recipe!


DH has made several batches of it so far and every time it's scrumptious. I even brought a loaf to share with my Artist's Way meeting this past Sunday with some cheese and butter. Was I surprised, every morsel of bread was eaten and there were cheese slices still left. Usually it always seems like it goes the other way around. Anyway, several friends have asked for my recipe, so that I thought it might be best to share my link here with the original recipe and who to credit:

ARTISAN BREAD IN FIVE MINUTES A DAY
by J. Hertzberg and Z. François
Format: Hardcover
ISBN: 0312362911

The Master Recipe: Boule
(Artisan Free-Form Loaf)
Makes 4 1-pound loaves

3 cups lukewarm water
1 1⁄2 tbsp granulated yeast (1 1⁄2 packets)
1 1⁄2 tbsp coarse kosher or sea salt
6 1⁄2 cups unsifted, unbleached, all-purpose white flour
Cornmeal for pizza peel


Tips to Amaze Your Friends
The “6-3-3-13” rule. To store enough for eight loaves, remember 6-3-3-13. It’s 6 cups water, 3 tablespoons salt, 3 tablespoons yeast, and then add 13 cups of flour. It’ll amaze your friends when you do this in their homes without a ­recipe!

No comments: