Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Ready....and in a quandary

Some days the pain and discomfort I am in are just too much. I know I'll be living with this for the rest of my life and I just need to push on. AND that is exactly what I've been doing.

This is a picture of my D9P all together and showed it to my daughter, since it will be in her house and for her #1 son. The size now is 46" by 46". Checking with her preferences for what border colors she prefers in which ever order. She'd like it a little longer, could I do it. Yes, so back to do more D9P rows to make it so. Darn, I'll need to iron more fabric, sometimes I think that's the worst task, moving things around to make room for the ironing board! I'm not sure which border treatment though. Any recommendations?
Since I'm getting ready to go away on a retreat shortly, perhaps I'll bring that project to work on.

The project #5 for the UFO challenge through my Mom's guild still needs to get a pieced backing for the long lines table runner. I'll probably do that too while away. I don't think it will take too long, whenever I make up my mind of exactly what to do. It still is percolating in brain(pib).

While I was waiting to check with daughter, I did start a little doll blanket for PG#1. I'm using soiree charm pack pictured above and I got my pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. The top is pieced, now all I need to complete is to piece the back. Boy, that seems like my current trend. Need to break that record!

A-shopping I JUST went, got to love the internet. I just bought some minkee fabrics for the D9P backing and for another baby blanket I am taking to my retreat. The last one is from Thimble Blossoms called "Baby Mine", proceeds of that went to Quilt for a cause with Juvenile Diabetes. (A great-nephew of mine has had this since age 2. What a doll he is. Both he and his Mom are so good about doing all things necessary for this challenge. WHen discovered his Blood sugar was around 700. Yikes!) Anyways, ordered 2 yards of minkee in 2 different colors for the backings of both quilts. With S&H it comes to $53.00. Not bad and it's a legit buy from the no-buy challenge I'm participating with this year through the stashbuster group I belong too.

Blessings
Jane

1 comment:

Gone to Find Myself said...

Jane:
What is your pain from that you live with daily?
Also am wondering who got the cute quilt for boys? That fabric is darling. I have 3 grandsons (2 little guys) and 3 granddaughters (well, one on the way, she'll be here in August).
Am, quilting a cute boys quilt and making Lily a little pink braided rug. My first rug attempt using the braiders.
Enjoy your Easter.
Thanks for the well wishes on my surgery. It actually has been postponed until Wednesday but I need all the well wishes I can get.
Fondly,
Suzanne

Suzanne