Translate

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

QUOTE for today...

"Life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be."
-- Grandma Moses

This bridge is the Crown Point, Lake Champlain bridge that has been closed recently. It can't be repaired and needs replacement. I know this will be a hardship for those in the area that relay on it for their livelihood.

Here are photos that I took on the day of the Samuel de Champlain's celebration with the re dedication of the Rodin's "La France" frieze on the lighthouse at Crown Point.

Check out the details of the lighthouse.

Can you tell I fancy myself being a photographer. I know, not alot of talent, but I do enjoy it and it's a great way to revisualize palces and times. Despite the camera can never be as good as what you see in person!

When leaving the area, I tried to get a good photo of the bridge from a distance- it's probably a good 7 mile span, and though the photo isn't great I remember it well with the bridge glowing by the reflection of the sun, remembering perhaps it's "heydays" and the sights it has seen.

Enjoy your day,
Jane

No comments: