Translate

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yikes!

I am so glad I'm not on the Official No Buy Challenge through stashbusters this year. A local quilt shop had a wonderful sale this past weekend (as she does every year at this time) so I went to get some backing needed for my Montana Log Cabin quilt I have going. With 25% off everything and No tax, I ended up buying another bolt of Robert Kaufman Black besides a few other things. I already used almost all of my last bolt of Kaufman Black and I do gravitate towards this color often, so thought I'd splurge and get another, especially with this price. Who could refuse? I went light on my spending compared to previous years, that I am so proud of myself. Here is what I purchased at the LQS:



The yellow minkee is what I'll be using for the backing of the Montana Log and in fact, I layered it at the shop since no classes were being held and they had those nice large tables. ;~) I do love some jungle prints and with the zebra fabric being 50% discounted, I knew I'd find a use for it somewhere. Oh no! Am I re justifying my purchases and sliding down a slippery slope again? Nope. Not going hog wild and buying just because a sale, but to use them and progress on my UFO's. The only frivolous purchase besides that zebra fabric was the quilt panel and the sponge bob square pants fat quarter. Not bad, Right? right!

I did stop by Joann's before to get a couple of items during their President's Day sale. With the 50% off coupons and the additional 20% off total purchases coupons I did quite well there too. Here is that photo of what I got.



The pink minkee will be the back for a baby quilt I need to make and give by the end of the month. The rulers since of the 2- 6" x 24" omnigrid that I own, are no where to be found, I needed to get one now. At 50% again a no brainer. The other rulers will come in handy for 2 ufo's I have going on, A pattern of pincushions, 2 applique patches, 2 pillow forms, 2 small pieces of fabric and an artbin case for organizing my creative endeavors. One fabric is for a class in March and the other for lining a bag I want to make with moda charms.
Phew! Janie is a very happy camper. Some times it doesn't take much to make a girl happy, but even though everything was on sale or discounted, I still spent enough. Perhaps it would be cheaper to just buy a quilt when I want one. But where is the fun and challenge in that? No, I think I'll go along my merry way and keep blazing this same quilter's path when I can.

This past weekend, PGD#1 and I went to see the local Adirondack Cowboy Coral ice palace in Saranac Lake. Here are a couple of photos.






It was soooo cold! I love seeing the design each year. This year's festival celebrated the Adirondack Cowboy as it was sketched and sculped into the castle. The winter festval is grand. Usually DH and I will go (with or without family) to watch the fireworks but we couldn't this year. If you ever get a chance to see fireworks in the winter, go. It is so worth it in my estimation. Well need to get off this computer and get dinner.

Stay Warm,
Jane

Summary: Yards in - 27.75 yards.
Egads, I'm going in the other direction. As far as the 100 yard stash to the dash. I really better start sewing and finishing the many UFOs so I can get my numbers showing usage and going in the proper direction!

No comments: