Translate

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Since today is St Patrick's Day, I am grateful for the blessings in my life. I relish that I visited Ireland ten years ago. I can't believe it's been so long already. County Naul, a friend's family's farm, Blarney Castle and their woolen mills, New Grange, the Park in Dublin, Trinity College, the shopping district, County Cork, New Bern, Cliffs of Moire (I think my spelling is way off here- sorry), Bunratty Castle, Dirty Nellies, Galway and Galway Bay, and beautiful Connemara are just some of the highlights I remember with love. What a wonderful trip. And one I was able to share with my youngest sister. While having decorations out in my home for March, many little souveners of that trip are about and I fondly gaze at them and remember. It's with a touch of longing to go back and revisit such a beautiful country while I post this. The openess of the Irish people were incredible. The one regret is that we never got a chance to get to County Waterford, the land of my forefathers. Perhaps I'll get a chance some day to go back and can try to trace some family roots. Another interest of mine is to visit cemetaries and witness different trends and oh, look at that moments. I never made the trip to an older Irish cemetary when there and vow I will upon my return. Thank you Ireland for my roots and my wings.

Jane

May the luck of the Irish be with you.

No comments: