Translate

Monday, August 30, 2010

Silly Me!

As Oprah would say, I just had a light bulb moment. It's such a simple idea, but I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. You know that button box we all have? Well mine has been a disaster for many years. Learning how to collect them like my grandma did during her simpler times and me doing it the same way. Here's what it looks like.




As you can tell, it's a rather large plastic tote and the cover won't even shut on it any more. It's been on my to do list to organize. I've started and had to put it away many times so far. I was taking the buttons off the cards they came on and then stringing them on thread. Talk about tedious!
Any way, I did purchase a new blouse/jacket to go with my outfit for this past weekend's wedding and of course it came with a spare button. DUH! Sew those on the garments they come with instead of tossing them into the box! I know some garments even come with the spare button already sewn on the seam line somewhere inside the garment. It makes total sense. That way when the garment gets out of my closet, the spare button will be gone too. It'll also make it easier to find a replacement should I need to replace a lost button and it'll be wherever I happen to be when it's needed. AHAA!



So I am sewing them on from now on. I still need to reorganize my button box but I also had another thought. The heck with taking the buttons off all those cards. Leave them on and twist tie similiar color cards together. Boy is my life getting simpler. Can't believe it's taken me this long to sort that all out.

Stay well,
Jane

No comments: