Translate

Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back at 2010

Since participating with the OPAM (One Project a Month) it seems like that was just what I needed to get going. Before that I would linger on my projects enjoying them but not pushing to get them completed. Since I heard of OPAM, I think it was a quilter and designer's blog in Australia,(if you know, please let me know so I can give credit) I have been able not only to complete one project a month, but most months two! Doing my own little happy dance about that. Anyhoo, Here is the list of projects I completed for 2010.

QUILTS:
Alien Invasion
Dragonfly Star Baby Quilt
My Montana Log Cabin

QUILTED ITEMS:
Chubby Charmer Tote Bag
Long Lines/ and the Happy Scrappy Table runner
Maggie Bag- A lazy girl design
Redrafted and Enlarged Maggie Bag
Miranda Bag - A Lazy Girl Design
Patchabilities - January, Hot Chocolate
Patchabilities - Candy Hearts
Patchabilities - Chocolate Bunny
Patchabilities - Garden Pots Stacked
Patchabilities - Tulip Time
Grocery Bag Holder for Son & DIL



SEWN:
PGS#3, toy holder for crib
Valance for PGS#3
Customized Jaki's wedding ensemble
Gathered Clutch Bag complements the Miranda Bag

BEADING:
Hyacinth w/ gunmetal Bangle Bracelet
Peridot and Silver Bangle Bracelet
Dutch Spiral Rope Necklace
Needleminders made 12 from cabochons
Onyx Silver wrapped necklace and earrings

COUNTED CROSS STITCH:
Alphabet Heart framed - freebie of net
JOY - Country cottage Needleworks, oops, not yet framed!
Lil' Peep FF - The Silver Needle
Scream Girls framed - Just Nan Whimzi
St. Patrick's Pot O'Gold FF - The Silver Needle
Winter Whites - LHN

Not a bad listing, that's 28 projects completely finished in 2010, exceeding the one a month goal. I didn't count the Joy CXS since I realized that is still waiting fo rme to frame, so when I finsh it I'll be including that in the current numbers, hopefully for 2011! Some I realize are small but there are a few larger ones and as far as I'm concerned, any finish in my book is GREAT!
My goal for 2011 is to continue to shop my stash first, continue with the OPAM finish as well as participate with Judy Laquidera's UFO challenge. I also plan on continuing my efforts of prioritising my life with friends and family, with organizing my home and my life. By thoughts, exercise, and better health choices I can't wait for 2011. I know it's going to be one of my best years yet! Happy New Year!

Jane

Published post on January 25th, it was sitting in my drafts.

No comments: