This past week was a continuance to "avoid" the larger projects on my January list, choosing a couple of little projects that can be started and finished in a relatively short time. It all started as I was purging those blue bits.....
First thing accomplished was a label that wasn't required then it was if you know what I mean. I used a very pale blue scrap to make the label for the Nicaraguan Horse quilt using 2- 7" rectangles which finished off that remnant.
It was printed onto the fabric after being adhered to freezer paper, colored with markers to make the cupcake paper area striped with a neon yellow and bright aqua blue to pronounce it a bit. Then the shapes were stacked wrong sides together, outlined stitched, turned outside right and ultimately stitched onto the quilt back.
It turned out cute, but I never grabbed a photo before the quilt was turned in. Anyways, it looked sort of like this:
|These blues will make a nice blend for a quilt I have in mind but can't share here. |
It would give away the surprise I have in mind.
This month was able to get 40 HST units made. All the muslin squares are cut and the center line was marked diagonally with a pencil, (did that part during my local quilt guild meeting).
While sorting and purging, I found some larger pieces. Thinking, "Oh that piece looks big enough to make a bag", "oh that one too", now what compliments them I wondered then wandered off. (lol... Did someone say "Squirrel?)
Then I found some larger remnants tucked away in the scrap bin. Since I won a couple of different more modern fabrics in recent years past, I had placed them in there to be used for zippered bags or snap bags. So what was realized?
|Used hair rubber bands to make the pull tabs. |
Color is perfect.
The star fabric now houses the wind able rechargeable flashlight with it's multitudes of adapters for different phones it can also charge in case of an emergency. Much nicer than the plastic package it came in if I do say so myself.
It will also store nicely in the nightstand drawer
and not get the flashlight lens scratched, another plus.
After finding another larger blue scrap that coordinated nicely with that beach/hotel print gave me to think of a bag for drink containers while at a water park, pool or beach where you can't bring a cooler. So a HUGE Snap Bag was finished out of those.
|Happened to have a nice red/white woven ribbon |
to make these pull tabs.
|The size of this photo is not relevant since |
this baby can hold a stack of six cans.
Will keep it cool enough without the weight
and bulkiness of a cooler besides fit in a beach bag!
There are 2 more blue projects I'd like to finish up before the end of the month. Will share those if they're realized.