Translate

Monday, February 29, 2016

February's OMG

Success.  Got this done during the first week of February.  "Now why do I wait so long?" I keep asking myself while scratching my head.

It didn't take that much time at all.  
Just finding it, pulling it out, pressing, cutting, measuring and then sewing and pretty much in that order.    Piece of Cake!
With our traveling itinerary I'm planning on quilting this up in March or April so it'll be ready for next year. 
I wrote this on the 7th of February to be able to link it up with Heidi at Red Pepper Quilts!  But I'll be able to add this link to the Q-1 finish link up with Debbie at The Quilter's Table.  Love all the incentives and gentle pushes I get from friendly bloggers.  Thanks ladies!

editing this on 3/1/16 - Since we're traveling and my lap top isn't agreeing with me I couldn't link this one up on time either, the link has closed but I am so glad it was done in a timely manner. 



I added a brown dimple dot I had in from stash to help set this off and altered the pattern to do my own thing. Thinking that small reveal of cream before adding borders would be a nice little pop of contrast.  That's how I roll and am happy with it.  Now I bragging,  but I have the brown binding all sewn and set too for after it's quilted.  Hoot hoot!!!  Future Note to self - Stop your procrastinating Woman!
Also I'm thinking of trapunto-ing (if that's a word) the hearts, flowers and the vase too then quilt the heck out of the rest of it.  Anyway, that's my plan, we'll see if it sticks.

Thanks Heidi for challenging us with this One Monthly Goal.  Two for two is my tally so far for the year.
So far, so good!  I hope I can keep up this momentum!



TTFN,
Jane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that fabric but never made anything with it. I really like what you added to the panel.

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

This is a great quilt! Sadly, as it isn't a finished quilt (quilted and bound) but just a quilt top, it is not eligible for prizes. However, feel free to add it to your Q2 list! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts