Used this week: 5.25 yards
Used Year To date: 16.25 yards
Added This week: 0 yards
Added Year To Date: 40.5 yards
Net Fabric Gained (Loss or used): 24.25 yards
A finish for this past week is the Montana Log Cabin. Yippee! I did finish echo quilting all the silhouettes, choose a meander stipple for the background filler and then for the outside border, I used a "paisley, echo meander". Since some of the fabrics showed paisley designs within, I choose to imitate a simplistic paisley and then echoed it 2 additional times and then meandered to the next paisley design. Overall, I am pleased with the effect AND the finish. Here are the photos:
As for the "fringed" quilting that happened, I can't explain it. Despite whichever needle used, it was present but less so with each change. I ended up finally with a ball point 70/12 schmetz needle and the fringed effect was still present, but not as prevalent. This being the fourth quilt I've made without a batting and just having the minkee as the backing that way it's quite fluid, I am quite perplexed by this. Also, I may have to use a batting if this ever happens again. I am putting it down to something with that particular piece of Minkee even though it came from a reputable quilt shop.
Stay well and enjoy life,