|A good friend snapped this shot while it hung at the quilt show with how it was displayed, Thanks G!|
For the pillow: ric rac, piping, variegated yarn to make the pom poms and a larger pompom trim being tweaked to make her shoes. The quilting was done as it was made choosing a straight line grid both vertical for behind the doll in the while area then horizontal lines for the other 2 bands of color before appliquing her down leaving the arms and legs loose. Those items were sewed first then turned to finish the edges. She also has a blouse using the Laurel Burch stipe that's in the quilt with a boat neck collar so the T shirt print on the doll panel became her athletic undergarment and then appliqued the whole head, shirt with arms and legs assembly onto the quilted area. To finish more fabric was added fabric on the sides then a meander quilt on those sections before adding ric rac and piped trimmings. The back was simple with a zippered and quilted back. This was my own design and I found it challenging. Each step was visualized thoroughly before visually proceeding to the next continuously making notes and shifting steps along the way. Am so pleased with the results and the creativity/uniqueness it contains. 8^)
To continue using up the fabrics used in these projects several pillow cases were also made but not placed in the show. You can see those here. All in all I enjoyed these projects and how I didn't have to rush with them.
Enjoy your day,