Translate

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Small finish and happy

Though she be small, she be fierce!   



A finish and one more kit done.  The good Lord knows I have plenty of kits in and my reason for acquiring them was for my retirement anyhow, that was my explanation.  lol   Now that I've been retired for 15 years I figure it's time to get  some finished and put to use.  

I figured the weight was close to 5 pounds since it's rather large and filled with sand, but my son weighed it when he stopped by for a visit and it's just shy of 3 pounds.  lol,  Still quite hefty.   Also I need to get some more sand as therre is only 1/2 cup left in my Folgers container.  I keep some on hand through the year since someone in the family has nut allergies and it's safer for pin cushion filling than the walnuts.  Since Spring is here I'll be heading to a local sand pit for more to process.





I sewed drawer stabilizer to the backing for stability on surfaces and then also created a tube of fabric for a binder clips area just in case.  


TTFN

Jane


Thanks for stopping by.   I did start some 36 patch block units to align with the  Rainbow Scrap challenge that SoScrappy does.   Am hoping to stay with it this year even though I'm climbing on board late.   




2 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such a precious pin cushion. I made a pincushion a few months ago and used sand for the 1st time. I like it. Have a great week.

Needled Mom said...

Soooo cute! I like the sand idea.