Translate

Monday, January 7, 2019

OWL pincushion done

One of my monthly goals is finished and the other two are coming along fabulously.

Threads used are pictured in the background and besides the "needle-holding flags on the front right,
did my version of a chicken scratch stitch to attach to the pincushion base.  

I placed a couple layers of wool hanging off the front edge as a place to hold my sewing needle when not in use.  It's edged with fray check so hopefully it'll stand up  to the wear and tear.  If not I can always cut it off as if it was never there.
Time will tell.

I also did my version of a  "chicken hen scratch" stitching to attach that black wool to the cotton print background.   I felt that with this piece an organic look would complement it best.  Stitched wonky Xs , /, \  and even l's both long and short.  Actually, the stitching was done at UNO's while sipping a martini and having lunch waiting for the Christmastide service to begin in between a couple of hockey games.

It was a very busy Sunday.
Shhhhh, I'll never admit I went to church after having a martini.  My first time,  BTW but  I felt so guilty in a very pleasant state!


TTFN
Jane



3 comments:

Jennie Adcock said...

Congrats on your finish....it is adorable and should be handy, too. Now only two to go.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute pin cushion! Love the eyes!

Patty said...

So cute. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.