Translate

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Gardening continues and...

Chores outside are continuing and I haven't finish any new needle-y projects though they are progressing.  So thought I'd share my recent (in the past 9 months that is, development of Watercolor painting. 




Through our local Senior Citizen's Center I signed up for an acrylic painting class a couple of years ago and enjoyed it weekly for six weeks.   But with the husband's declining health I wouldn't/couldn't dedicate any more time to pursue it as priorities shifted.  Last fall though  I decided, enough was enough, to made time to sign up for another 6 week class on watercolor though I'd be missing one class that interfered with his monthly Boston heart transplant follow up Visit.   All continues to be well, Thank the Lord!  I know we have many blessings and am grateful.   Anyways, I signed up for that 6 session class but this time it was with watercolors.  I love it! 
Though I'll not share my class etchings which showed progress  I'll share these latest ones done from Feb to May 2020.  I try to paint on Sundays schedule permitting. 




I paint on watercolor paper "cards" as my base.  My plan is to print out a set of any preferred art or just mail it off to a loved one with correspondence s needed.   






All of them scattered on the dining room table.
 A couple were of fields of spring flowers as I remembered and hoped for,
it seemed like a truly longer winter this year especially with the "Corona cations" and
fear going on with the isolation. 
My next attempt may try to mix the script liner, watercolor, pencils and ink to see where that leads me. 
These are probably etchings #10-19. 

I'll sign off with my latest playing art session. 




TTFN,
Jane

Some day, I'd love to try something reminding me of a local fire tower ..  maybe a long while off...someday.






1 comment:

Susan said...

Boo hoo! All the photos but the last one are broken. It sounds like things I want to see. =)