Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Books Read

My love of reading and the quest to empty more of my bookshelves has found 2020 to be another successful year.    Here are the books read:
  1. The Manhattan Club  *
  2. Of Blood and Bone
  3. The Rise of the Magicks
  4. When Breath becomes Air - BC  (book club)
  5. Atomic Habits
  6. Crossing Over
  7. The Assassin 
  8. Fahrenheit 451
  9. Black Wind 
  10. The Final Day 
  11. A Game For Heroes
  12. Don't Kiss Them Goodbye
  13. The Whole Truth 
  14. A quiver full of Arrows 
  15. Fear Nothing
  16. Around the World in 80 Tales
  17. The Perfect Happiness
  18. Nights of Rain and Stars
  19. Where I'd like to live - Couldn't find a link anywhere, sorry
  20. Queen of the Sun
  21. Educated
  22. Look Behind You
  23. Night Watch
  24. Woman in Cabin 10
  25. Island of Sea Women
  26. Buddha is as Buddha Does
  27. Princess Anna
  28. Night bird
  29. A Lawman's Christmas
  30. Blackbird House
  31. Women in Sunlight 
  32. The Lying Game
  33. Death of Mrs. Westaway 
  34. The Women
  35. Logan
  36. The Alchemist
  37. Hot Stuff
  38. Dylan
  39. Double Whammy
  40. Little House Living 
  41. The Authenticity Project
  42. Under Magnolia
  43. Your Next Breath
  44. The Liar
  45. The Cat who Blew the Whistle
  46. Every Note Played
  47. Between the World and Me
  48. Blue
  49. The Stranger
  50. Tyler
  51. The Last Man
  52. Cottage by the Sea
  53. Transcendent Kingdom
  54. The Blood Sugar Solution 10 day detox 
  55. The Narrows
  56. The Overlook
  57. Big Sky River
  58. The Creed Legacy
  59. A Creed Country Christmas
  60. Icebound
  61. Two Little Girls in Blue 

Out of the first five listed only one came off my shelves *.   Years ago I figured books were like fabric and expanded my collections as there was room but seeing this logistically now, I need to read more home stuff before the acquired ones from family, friends and the local library if I want to make any headway on making space on those shelves.  

Also there were books I read the first 100-160 pages of and if it didn't click with me,  I'd stop reading - my own self-imposed rule.    That includes titles for my Book Club gatherings, so I didn't list those as they weren't finished because I had another which hopefully would be more worthy of my time.   GASP!  They could be literary tomes, but I personally would find them stalled and not that enjoyable, just not my cup of tea so set them aside.  (Three cups of tea- now that one I enjoyed thoroughly many years ago!)  
This reading list aligns with my "Dreams of 100" that I tract each year and I surpass it thankfully.  That list tracks completed projects, travels, courses/classes, museums or exhibits seen, hiking, biking, and areas I spent my life on.  It's a nice visualization and remembrance as I reflect how my time was spent.  For the past 6 years I've excelled the self proclaimed 100 (even with 2020 being such a trying year thanks to the Co-vid 19 and it's variance) that number was surpassed too.   

2 comments:

Susan said...

More than one a week, plus the stray parts of ones you didn't finish - not bad at all! I laughed because I think Black Wind is the only one I've ever read, and that wasn't this year. Oh, and Fahrenheit 451 of course! Congratulations on a great year of reading.

Needled Mom said...

Wow! That is quite a list. I’m very impressed.