Translate

Friday, March 17, 2023

MOM

 One of Mom's selected poems she loved, enjoyed and collected. 

  GOD'S GARDEN

God looked around the garden

and found an empty space

He looked down upon the Earth

And saw your tired face.

He put his arms around you

And lifted you to rest.

God's garden must be beautiful

For He only takes the best.

It broke our hearts to lose you

But you didn't go alone

For part of us went with you

The day God called you home.


It was an honor and privilege to be with mom when God called her home.   I was not alone as a couple of my sisters were with me tending, caring, watching and loving her.   Even cuddling her at times as the medications needed were getting stronger.   Rest in peace dear Mother, and know you were loved by us and  many more.   Your light shone brightly and it's warmth filled many hearts.  

                      

Eileen Ruth Armstrong Powers

12/14/1932 - 3/16/2023
                                               

March -  I was able to get the center of the spool quilt assembled into the  99 spool blocks in the midst of Mom's care, wanting her to see it before her Earthly chores were through.  Mom saw it and was routing for me even in her last life's chapter though without her normal zest, passion lacking because of her exhaustion and limitations.  My Mom, how she suffered even mentioning, "I didn't know it would be this hard."  We all kept telling her how awesome she was and so beautiful.  Thanking her for all she gave.  

Her interment will be happening June 17th and a small private family gathering afterwards.   I miss her already but know she's in great hands.  ...'til we meet again Mom, I'll love you forever.


No comments: