Translate

Friday, June 9, 2023

Landscaped in June

Those two pallets of landscape blocks - GONE!  or maybe I should say used for their intended purpose.  I purchased 3 pallets of blocks years ago to separate the plantings, shrubs from the lawn.  Hired Jason D. to place them and then winter blew in   That was years ago.   The surround was almost done there again, two spots were left unfinished.  That seems to be the recurring theme around here.  Anyways, his employee Cal W. did the most of the work.  

So I contacted JD in April to see if he would be able to finish the job and found out he's now in Maryland so gave me Cal's number.  Contacting Cal, I learned of his upcoming kidney surgery 5/1/2023 so he gave my name and number to another man (JL) who did this type of work.  The month of May came and went.  Nothing.  So I re-contacted CW via instagram to see how he was post surgery.  We talked, he had wondered... as he didn't see any progress and I found out that JL had moved to Tennessee, so bada-bing, bada-boom - we scheduled 6/4 on our calendars to get it done.  Gorgeous day and success!   

It now looks like this:





I also worked on my outdoor lighting which I'm thrilled with.  
They are all solar lights and differently styled so it doesn't look like a airfield landing strip surrounding the house.  lol        Perhaps tonight I'll go out and grab some evening shots to share later.  

The retaining wall on the left side of the house, I did many years ago and it took me three times to stack those field stones so they looked level.  I was satisfied then with my efforts and gratefully  they served their purpose for decades, however just one of my idiosyncrasies is I don't like patch jobs (except for  quilts that is) on roofs, additions, landscaping materials.  I'm an all or nothing kind of girl.  So I wanted the materials to be cohesive.  Thereby my desire of changing the retaining wall to the same landscape blocks.  





A couple of photos of before and during...

  

The dump cart's tire blew so there is another flat tire I'll need to contend with.  That seems to be another ongoing problem around here and for so many years as well!  :-0! 
 Oh well, that will be for another day.

Am happy at my progress. 
Was really tired too but that day's stats on my fit  bit were:  
7.82 mi; 17896 steps; and 157 minutes cardio 
another win!

TTFN, Jane


No comments: