Translate

Monday, December 14, 2009

Looking for fabric...

With the recent finishes I was able to find some time to focus on cleaning up some of my sewing space(s). I am amazed by all the STUFF I have. So I have cleaned up and out quite a few bags and items around my work spaces. Many things reorganized and stored in a better manner. Here is an updated look at the doorway to my sewing studio. Much improved since this photo. Its a big improvement over what it was and it's hard to see it in the photos so it's not showing up that well but it's much better!

While looking on how best to arrange and store, I stumbled across my Lone Star Quilt UFO. The center area is done, the 1st and 3rd borders are cut as is the made binding, the only area that I need to get to is the reason it got shelved in the first place. I don't have enough of the background fabric.


That's the only piece of selvage I could get my hands on so I'm not sure of the designer or fabric line. Do you know where I could get some? Click on the picture and you can see it closeup.

Several years ago, while at a Pennsylvania quilt show, Seams Like Home designer, Joan Jones had her bird quilt on display in her vendor booth. The background fabric of it is the same fabric that I need. So when inquiring about where I could find more of it she said she would check when she got back home in 2 weeks and to give her a call. Long story storter, Yippee- she had 2 yards. So I gladly paid her for it. Then...the package never came. Major Bummer!

She kindly refunded the money and even went through her scrap bin to see if she had any of it there which she did so she mailed me the bits that she did have, but it's not enough.

I did purchase this fabric on the left awhile back and thought I might have to use it, but I am hopeful that someone out there will have some of my original fabic.


All of the paper piecing chain points are done and the corner section drafted chains are sewn and pressed. Just need about 1 yard more so I can finish that section of the second border thought I want to do an asymetrical appliqued vine in. This is a sketchinng of what I have in mind.



Let me know if you know where I can get this spotted/speckly fabric, I'd love to get 2 yards but any is better than none and thanks.

Happy Stitching,
Jane

No comments: